In our work are very important, but also the most common problems. If you are suffering from slow speed, poor signal and so on, you can refer to these 10 ways to enhance home signal. Let's take a look at the methods described below on 360 common sense.
Ten ways to enhance the home WiFi signal
1. Use the latest Wi Fi technology. One way to ensure high-speed and smooth network is to use the latest firmware. You should know: in WLAN protocol, the speed of 802.11n is significantly higher than that of 802.11a, 802.11b and 802.11g. However, it must be noted that if you want to improve the speed, you must equip 802.11n network card and wireless router together.
2. Place the router in the best position. Router ugly is ugly, but also do not always hide behind the TV cabinet. If you want the strongest signal, it's best to place it in a space that is not blocked by walls or obstacles. The antenna should be straight, and the higher it is, the better it will be. (one reader found that the best signal is when the router is in his attic.). In the end, it must be admitted that it can be placed in the center of the whole house to cover every corner of the house with high-quality Wi Fi signals.
3、找到正确的无线信道。 若是你有街坊，那么他们的无线路由器有可能和你的相互搅扰，致使信号质量变差。无线路 由器能够经过数个信道作业，而你应当将它调至一个受搅扰程度最低的信道上。你可以运用Wi-Fi Stumbler或Wi-Fi Analyzer这样的Wi-Fi扫描器来查找屋子里最佳的信道。
3. Find the correct wireless channel. If you have a neighborhood, their wireless router may interfere with you, resulting in poor signal quality. A wireless router can work over several channels, and you should tune it to the channel with the least disruption. You can use Wi Fi scanners like Wi Fi stumper or Wi Fi analyzer to find the best channel in the house.
4. Turn off other disturbing devices. Not only other wireless routers can cause interference, but wireless phones, microwave ovens and other household appliances can also disturb the signal. You can use a dual band router to deal with this problem, and you can also use other bands of wireless phones. If you don't want to add anything, you can also move the wireless router to a place far away from the jammer.
5. Enhance wireless security. Even if the router is set with a secret code, it is easy to crack. It's easy to figure out who's stealing your Wi Fi, but the best way to do that is to enhance security and block them out. It is necessary to use WPA code, but it is also easy to crack, so it is recommended to learn more about the skills of maintaining network security.
6、控制占带宽的程序。 若是房子里有人常用视频谈天，玩线上游戏，下载文件，或许运用Netflix这种软件， 他们就有可能占用了不少带宽，致使他人网络速度变慢。不过，你能够运用QoS(Quality of Service，服务质量)来确保带宽。运用QoS后，你能够设置一些程序的优先级，如将视频谈天设置为优先于线上游戏，这样优先的程序就能满足所需带宽了。
6. Control the program occupying the bandwidth. If someone in the house often talks about video, plays online games, downloads files, or uses Netflix, they may occupy a lot of bandwidth, causing others to slow down. However, you can use QoS (quality of service) to ensure bandwidth. After using QoS, you can set the priority of some programs, such as setting video chat as priority over online games, so that the priority programs can meet the required bandwidth.
7. DIY adds Wi Fi coverage. If your router can't cover a far place, you can DIY it and add the coverage area of wireless signal. The most popular DIY trick is to use tin foil, aluminum cans or stainless steel filter pots to enhance the signal. Although the effect is not too big, at least it does not need to be too expensive to add a little signal coverage area.
8. Modify it to enhance the router signal. Another good way to add signal masking area is to install DD-WRT firmware, which can not only achieve a series of excellent security and other additional functions, but also enhance signal transmission. Although there may be some risks for routers, some routers can work safely under 70mW, and you can enjoy the wireless network even further.
9. Transform the old router into a Wi Fi amplifier. If none of the above works, you need a wireless amplifier. It's not expensive to buy one, but if you don't want to add devices, you can also use the old router with DD-WRT firmware to transform it into a Wi Fi amplifier. Although the signal speed sent by the amplifier will be slightly lower, it will at least enlarge the scale of the signal and cost less.
10、给路由器设置重启时刻。 若是你时不时就得重启路由器一下以防断开，那么有这样一个处理办法。你可以先做几个实 验，确定不是出于机器过热、老化或许下载过量，然后你只需要将路由器设置为每天自动重启就可以了。运用DD-WRT固件或计时器都可以。 这样，就不必常常重启路由器了(这个办法特别合适放在阁楼里的路由器)。 测验过这些小诀窍后，你家的Wi-Fi就能变得更快，更稳，也更安全了。
10. Set the restart time for the router. If you have to restart the router from time to time to prevent disconnection, there is such a solution. You can do a few experiments to make sure that it's not because the machine is overheated, aging or over downloading, and then you just need to set the router to restart automatically every day. Use DD-WRT firmware or timer. In this way, you don't have to restart the router often (this is especially suitable for routers in the attic). After testing these tips, your home Wi Fi will become faster, more stable and safer.
How to "maintain" your router
The router should be placed in a ventilated place as far as possible. The enclosed space (such as the distribution box) will affect the heat dissipation of the router itself, which will cause the router to have difficulty in heat dissipation. The high temperature will not only affect the service life, but also slow down the network speed and slow access to the network card. In addition, the router should not be placed with other electrical appliances. For example, many people like to put the router on the computer case, behind the computer case, or on other electrical appliances. This may not only cause interference to the router signal, but also cause problems such as overheating of the router (because the electrical appliances themselves will also dissipate heat), as well as security concerns.
Routers need to be kept dry and cleaned regularly. Long term accumulation of dust will block the heat sink and affect the heat dissipation, which is very easy to block, especially at this time. In addition, the router should not be placed in a humid environment. Router is in a humid environment for a long time. The moisture in the air will erode the chip and seriously affect the life of router. Friends in the South can put a moisture-proof box near the router to absorb moisture, which is very effective!
Turn off the router regularly:
The router also needs "rest". It is very important to give the router a proper holiday to prolong the router's life. Usually when no one goes to work, you can turn off the router, or download the plug-in to turn off the router at a fixed time. Turn off the router once a week, save power and prolong the router life~