Raising a few pots of flowers and grass at home is not only pleasing to the eyes, but also helpful to purify the air. However, not all flowers and plants are suitable for indoor use. There are countless health hazards under the beautiful appearance of some plants. 360 common sense net reminds you, some flowers and plants had better not raise at home.
Flowers and plants not suitable for keeping at home
Too fragrant flowers and plants
1 evening primrose
A large number of aroma will be released at night, which is harmful to human health. If it is placed indoors for a long time, it will cause dizziness, cough, even asthma, boredom, insomnia and other problems.
It contains toxic alkali. When people and animals stay in the fragrance for 2-3 hours, they will feel dizzy and dizzy, and suffer from poisoning symptoms. In serious cases, their hair will fall off.
3 conifers and cypresses
It can secrete lipid substances and send out a strong fragrance, which can stimulate the stomach and intestines of the human body. It will not only affect the appetite, but also make pregnant women feel upset, nauseous, vomiting, dizzy. In addition, peony, rose, Narcissus, lily, orchid and other famous flowers are also fragrant, but people will feel chest tightness, discomfort and breathing discomfort when they are in this strong fragrance environment for a long time Chang may also suffer from insomnia.
The white juice in the stems and leaves will stimulate the skin and cause allergic reactions, such as eating the stems and leaves by mistake and the risk of poisoning and death.
2 Salvia splendens
Pollen is much, can make allergic constitution person, especially asthma or respiratory tract allergy patient condition aggravation.
In addition, lilac, five color plum, hydrangea, geranium, Bauhinia, etc. are allergenic, sometimes touching them will also cause skin allergic reaction, red rash, itchy and intolerable.
Poisonous flowers and plants
Many of our favorite flowers are poisonous. Only touching them gently may cause discomfort. Especially for families with children, try not to raise them.
1 yellow and white Rhododendron
It contains toxin. It will be poisoned if eaten by mistake, resulting in vomiting, dyspnea, numbness of limbs, etc., and severe shock.
Contains Mimosa, if contact too much, will cause eyebrows sparse, hair yellow or even fall off.
It contains toxic alkaloids, especially fruits, which are most toxic. If eaten by mistake, it will cause central nervous system poisoning, even life-threatening.
40 thousand young
It contains a poisonous enzyme. If it touches the sap of its stem and leaf, it will cause skin itching and inflammation. If it is scratched or bitten by children by mistake, it will cause throat edema due to stimulation of oral mucosa, and even cause vocal cord paralysis and aphasia.
Thorny flowers and plants
Although cactus has a good effect on air purification, its surface covered with thorns will inadvertently hurt people. If there are elderly people or children who are not sensible, it is better not to raise them.
In addition, Bayberry and other sharp thorns, stems and leaves contain toxins, do not raise.
We can keep some plants at home, such as mint, lemongrass, Chlorophytum, Phyllostachys pubescens, Huwei orchid, etc. the volatile substances are not only harmless, but also have the function of purifying the air.