I don't know how much money the ancients spent to get a wife. Here's a brief introduction for you. Let's look at it next~
Now when people talk about marriage, they almost talk about marriage. A wedding almost destroys a family. So how much does it cost for the ancients to marry a wife?
1. A man only needs a stick to get married. He can see which one is dizzy and carries it back to the hole.
2. In the Western Zhou Dynasty, in order to compensate the labor force of the woman's mother's family, the bride price came into being. When proposing a marriage, one must hold a live wild goose. Of course, things like deerskin are better.
3. At first, the bride price requires money as well as things. According to records, there was a civil servant who lived to be more than 50 years old before saving enough bride price. That was a civil servant.
4. At that time, there was a trend of comparison among the people, with more than one year of bride price and dowry, which led to the phenomenon that "poor women were hard to marry, poor people were hard to marry" at that time.
5. It's popular. It's said that when he married his wife, his family brought him 200000 dowries, equivalent to about 100 million yuan today.
6. It's quite popular. According to records at that time, it took 1300 yuan for middle-class families to get married, which is equivalent to 160000 yuan today, almost all of them.
7. At that time, the law advocated that it was strictly forbidden to intermarry between the good and the cheap and not to ask about their families, but only to see the phenomenon of bride price. In the fifth year of Hongwu's reign (1372), an imperial edict was specially issued for this purpose: "the wedding ceremony in ancient times is a good marriage with two surnames, which emphasizes human relations. Since modern times, it has focused on hiring money and getting used to luxury. It is advisable to make a collection of suggestions, make a custom, and abide by it. We should advocate thrift and thick customs. Those who violate the law are guilty. " What do you mean? That is, who wants to engage in the "price lottery" and directly handle it! Moreover, the rich and the poor cannot intermarry, and the rich and the poor cannot intermarry.
8. An ordinary family needs less than 72 grains to get a wife. Compared with the general grain conversion method, one or two grains are worth about 200 yuan. That is to say, in the Qing Dynasty, it cost about 14000 yuan to marry a daughter-in-law.
Disclaimer: the above content comes from the Internet, and the copyright belongs to the original author. If you violate your original copyright, please let us know, and we will delete the relevant content as soon as possible.