The volcano erupted in the Philippines and the sky flashed and thundered. At 1:00 p.m. on January 12, 2020, mount Taar, about 60 km south of Manila, the capital of the Philippines, erupted a large amount of volcanic ash on January 12, with the ash as high as 10-15 km. About 8000 residents were evacuated and dozens of flights at Manila International Airport were delayed.
According to the monitoring of the Philippine Institute of volcanic seismology, at about 13:00 local time (Beijing time) on the 12th, the volcano, about 90 km away from Manila, was suddenly active. The height of the ash column was more than 1000 meters.
In the video, there are dazzling lightning in the sky, which "shuttle" in the volcanic ash. On that day, the ash rushed to a kilometer high. It is expected that the volcano will erupt in the future. Thousands of nearby residents are required to evacuate.
The material ejected from the volcano mainly includes clastic material, lava, gas and water vapor. The debris from the volcano combined with the water flow formed by rainfall, melting of ice and snow at the crater or overflow of water can form debris flow, which can destroy roads, bridges and submerge nearby villages and cities.
The pyroclastic flow, which is formed by the mixture of gas and pyroclastic, is very destructive and fatal and difficult to avoid. The huge vibration caused by volcanic eruption will cause the soil around the volcano to loosen and cause landslides. The lava from the volcano will produce high temperature and corrosive "lava mist" when encountering sea water, which is harmful to human body.
How can we help ourselves when a volcano erupts?
1. Deal with the danger of lava: the volcano erupts a lot of hot lava, and it will keep pushing forward until it reaches the bottom of the valley or finally cools down. They destroy everything they go through. Among the hazards of volcanoes, lava flow may be the least dangerous to life, because people can run out of the route of lava flow. When we see lava coming out of the volcano, we can quickly run out of the range of the lava flow.
2. Deal with the danger of volcanic ejecta: the size of volcanic ejecta varies from pebble sized fragments to hot lava "bombs" of large rocks, which can spread to a considerable range. And volcanic ash can cover a larger area, some of which can be carried to high altitude, spread to the world, and then affect weather conditions. If you are nearby when the volcano erupts, you should run away quickly, and wear a helmet or other things to protect your head, so as to prevent the rocks from erupting from the volcano from hitting your head.
3. Dealing with the volcanic ash disaster: the volcanic ash is a fine pyroclast, which is composed of rocks, minerals and volcanic glass fragments, and has strong stimulation. Its weight can cause the roof to collapse. Volcanic ash can suffocate crops, block traffic routes and waterways, and is accompanied by toxic gases, which can cause lung damage, especially for children, the elderly and people with respiratory diseases. Only when it is close to the eruption and the gas is concentrated enough can it harm the healthy people. But when the sulfur in the ash falls with the rain, sulfuric acid (and other characteristics) will be produced in large area and density, which will burn the skin, eyes and mucous membrane. Wearing goggles, snorkel masks or ski goggles can protect your eyes - but not sunglasses. Cover your mouth and nose with a damp cloth or, if possible, an industrial gas mask. After going to the shelter, take off your clothes, thoroughly wash the exposed skin, and rinse your eyes with water.
4 deal with the hazards of gas globules: when a volcano erupts, a large number of gas globules will erupt, and these materials will roll down the volcano at a speed of more than 160 kilometers per hour. At this time, we can avoid in the nearby solid underground buildings, or jump into the water and hold our breath for about half a minute, and the ball will roll over.
5. If you are driving to escape, you must pay attention to that the volcanic ash can make the road slip. If the high temperature magma of the volcano approaches, it is necessary to abandon the car and climb to a high place as soon as possible to avoid the magma.
6. When the volcano on the earth erupts, it will radiate a large number of strong electric particle flows. This kind of charged particle beam will affect the normal operation of the electronic equipment around the volcano and the timing error of the electronic clock. This is similar to the interference of charged particles radiated from space to the electronic communication, electrical equipment, timing devices, etc. in the earth's space. The above phenomena are mainly due to the floating of charged particles formed by the crustal movement during the eruption of volcano. At the same time, these floating charged particles will form magnetic pulse interference to electronic equipment. The most important part is that the pulse magnetic field can form a strong accumulation of induced charge in the electronic equipment, which can lead to the abnormal operation of the electronic circuit.
Disclaimer: This article is reproduced for the purpose of transmitting more information. If there is a source marking error or infringing your legitimate rights and interests, please contact our website with the ownership certificate. We will correct and delete it in time. Thank you.