Free blood donation refers to the voluntary donation of blood to social public welfare undertakings without any reward in order to save other people's lives. In order to encourage this kind of public welfare behavior, the state has also formulated many policies to reward volunteers and their families. However, in the society, the public welfare behavior of "free blood donation" is controversial, especially the great harm of blood donation to the individual's body, which may affect fertility, reduce immunity, cause anemia, infectious diseases and so on. What is the truth? Now follow 360 common sense net to understand!
1. Take blood on an empty stomach, as do blood donation
Truth: No, it's dangerous to be on an empty stomach
Explanation: blood donation is different from the biochemical test done in the hospital. There is no need for an empty stomach. On the contrary, if fasting blood donation human blood glucose content is low. It is likely to cause hypoglycemia such as dizziness. In order to ensure that blood donors are in a good physiological state during blood donation and avoid the phenomenon of excessive plasma fat content caused by large amount of supplement, blood donors can keep a light diet and adequate sleep the day before blood donation.
2. Blood donation may cause diseases
Truth: "one shot per person" is safe
Explanation: one reason some people don't want to donate blood is because they are worried about infection. In fact, at present, the blood collection needles, blood bags and consumables used by the blood collection institutions are all disposable qualified products that have passed the national quality quarantine and passed strict sterilization and sterilization. Strictly implement the principle of "one person, one needle", destroy the needle after blood collection, and concentrate the consumables for harmless treatment. So it is safe to donate blood in a regular blood station, and it will never infect diseases.
3. Blood donation may cause anemia
Truth: the human body will supplement itself
Explanation: human blood has regeneration function. When a small amount of blood is donated, after the body's self-regulation, the lack of blood cells will soon be replenished, which will not cause anemia.
4. Blood donation can cause obesity
Truth: unless you overdose
Explanation: apart from some morbid and genetic factors, obesity is mainly caused by the unbalanced absorption and consumption of things. The amount of blood needed for blood circulation in the human body is fixed. A person donates a small amount of blood at a time, and renews and supplements a small amount of blood in a short period of time. Such a small amount of increase and decrease has no direct causal relationship with the change of body weight. People who are worried that they will get fat after blood donation should completely eliminate unnecessary concerns.
5. Blood donation may affect fertility
Truth: blood donation has little to do with the reproductive system
Explanation: in fact, there is no basis for the idea that blood donation may affect fertility. A person's fertility depends on whether the development of the human reproductive system is normal or not, depends on whether the conditions for the growth and development of the fertilized egg, and has no direct relationship with whether or not to donate blood.
6. Blood donation is "damaging vitality"
Truth: blood donation will not lead to deficiency of Qi and blood
Explanation: the blood has the ability of self-renewal, and it is spitting out the old and absorbing the new all the time. However, the regulating function of the human body rapidly replenishes the lost blood, so the blood donation will never produce the situation of "deficiency of Qi and blood".
7. Blood donation is addictive
Truth: it's just bullshit!
Explanation: many people mistakenly think that donating blood 10 times, 20 times or even more is because they are addicted to blood donation and feel sad if they don't. Blood donation is neither smoking nor drug taking. It is not related to the addictive substances "nicotine" and "morphine". Blood donation is not addictive in physiology. After blood donation, it will not make the body regenerate blood at an abnormal speed, and will not produce too much blood, forcing blood donors to donate blood continuously.
8. Blood donation may cause blood pressure instability
Truth: abnormal blood pressure is mostly caused by tension
Explanation: some blood donors have high or low blood pressure after blood donation. Experts believe that mental tension and excitement will cause it, and normal blood donation will not affect blood pressure. If this happens, as long as you pay attention to rest and keep your mood stable, your blood pressure will soon return to normal and will never cause pathological hypertension or hypotension.
9. After bleeding, the immune system will decline and a lot of white blood cells will be lost
Truth: white blood cells will be replenished in 1-2 hours
Explanation: blood donation does not affect human immunity. From the physiological point of view, the main substance of human immunity is white blood cells.
There is a large proportion of red blood cell stations in human body, and white blood cells are only a part of them. Take a normal adult as an example. When 200-400ml blood is donated at a time, the white blood cells donated are only 1% - 2% of the total number of human white blood cells. The lost white blood cells can be replenished from the bone marrow within 1-2 hours.
10. After blood donation, it is necessary to make up a lot to reduce the damage
Truth: in fact, healthy adults do not lack nutrition
Explanation: in terms of current people's level, diet structure and nutritional status, healthy adults do not need to take all kinds of nutrition after blood donation.
Precautions before blood donation
1. According to the blood donation law, the age of blood donors is 18 to 55 years old (the age can be extended to 60 years old if there is no previous blood donation reaction and multiple blood donors who meet the requirements of health examination actively ask for blood donation again), the weight of men is ≥ 50kg, and that of women is ≥ 45kg. After the whole blood donation, the whole blood can be offered again at an interval of more than half a year, and the component blood can be offered again at an interval of more than three months; the component blood can be offered again at an interval of 15 days, and the whole blood can be offered at an interval of 28 days.
2. If there are infectious diseases, important organs, serious diseases, local diseases, etc., blood donation cannot be carried out. If there are colds, inflammation, or three days before and after women's regular leave, blood donation shall be suspended.
3. Do not take medicine one week before blood donation.
4. The diet should be clear, the food should be less fat, do not donate blood on an empty stomach. The day before and on the day before blood donation, you can eat as usual, but it's better to eat low-fat food. Don't eat greasy food such as oil sticks, milk, meat and fat. Too greasy will affect the quality of blood, so you can't donate blood temporarily.
5. Do not drink alcohol the day before and on the day of blood donation, especially do not drink alcohol.
6. Get enough sleep the night before blood donation, and do not do strenuous exercise.
7. You must bring your true and valid certificates (citizen ID card, military ID card, passport, driver's license and home return card). If you have ever donated blood, you should bring your blood donation certificate as much as possible.
8. Read the blood donation knowledge carefully to eliminate the tension.